Thursday, March 8, 2007 @ 8:00pm
Carnegie Hall, Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage
Under the direction of Kimcherie Lloyd (orchestra) and Frederick Speck (wind ensemble), rehearsals started a year prior to the concert in which the UofL School of Music Symphonies performed in Carnegie Hall to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Grawemeyer Award for Music Composition. The program included:
UofL Symphony Orchestra
- Witold Lutoslawski - Fanfare for Louisville
- Aaron Jay Kernis - Musica Celestis
- Karel Husa - Concerto for Violoncello and Orchestra; Paul York, violoncello solo
UofL Wind Symphony
- Joan Tower - Fascinating Ribbons
- Kryzsztof Penderecki - Entrata
- Toru Takemitsu - Cheetah (World premiere, Commissioned by UofL)
- John Corigliano, Arr. Gershman - Tarantella from Symphony No. 1 "Of Rage and Rememberance"
Read more about this event in the Louisville School of Music's newsletter here.